Re: [Xen-devel] Status of 4.13

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 10:06 PM Jürgen Groß <jgross@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Where do we stand with Xen 4.13 regarding blockers and related patches?
>
> 1. OSStest failure regarding nested test:
>     I'm not quite sure whether the currently debated patch of Andrew is
>     fixing the problem. If not, do we know what is missing or how to
>     address the issue? If yes, could we please come to an agreement?
>     As an alternative: any thoughts about ignoring this test failure for
>     4.13-RC3 (IOW: doing a force push)?
>
> 2. Ryzen/Rome failures with Windows guests:
>     What is the currently planned way to address the problem? Who is
>     working on that?
>
> 3. Pending patches for 4.13:
>     Could I please have feedback which patches tagged as "for-4.13" are
>     fixing real regressions or issues? I don't want to take any patches
>     not fixing real problems after RC3, and I hope to be able to get a
>     push rather sooner than later to be able to let Ian cut RC3.
>
> 4. Are there any blockers for 4.13 other than 1. and 2. (apart of any
>     pending XSAs)?

Any chance the efi=no-rs regression can be added to the list? I understand
that I'm still on the hook to provide more details (I promise to do it on Fri
when I get to my lab to actually have a serial console on all these boxes).
At the same time this is a pretty serious regression for an entire class of
devices where Xen was perfectly happy even during RC1.

Thanks,
Roman.