Re: [Xen-devel] getting 4.11.3 ready

On 29.10.2019 16:06, Julien Grall wrote:
> On 29/10/2019 14:49, Jan Beulich wrote:
>> This is quite long a list for a release about to be cut. Looking
>> at the branch I don't see any Arm backports other than the ones
>> done yesterday post-4.11.2. I'm fine with batching, but may I
>> ask for such batches to not be postponed until the last minute?
>
> That's ~1 year worth of backport because nobody looked at it. Apologies if it
> comes late but I only noticed the backport request e-mail yesterday as I am
> not
> CCed.
>
> I am happy to take over the backports for Arm if that helps to get patches
> backported in a more timely manner.

Not that on my previous mail you were only Cc-ed, hence the
remark wasn't directed at you anyway. As to not being Cc-ed
on the original request - the Cc list there is generally just
the people involved in making the release. Everyone else
would get it via xen-devel. If I didn't do it that way, how
would I draw the boundary between whom to Cc and whom to omit?
(With your request on irc, as said there, I'll try to remember
Cc-ing you. If, as per above, you took over doing the
backports, I would, too. But in general that's what we have
a mailing list for.)

Jan