Re: [Xen-devel] Latest development (master) Xen fails to boot on HP ProLiant DL20 GEN10

On 01.10.2019 00:38, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> Btw, forgot to attach the patch with maxcpus=2 -- interestingly enough
> Xen seems to hang much further down than before (basically after
> attempting to build out Dom0)

All 3 logs contain

(XEN) TSC_DEADLINE disabled due to Errata; please update microcode to version
0x52 (or later)

Please load up-to-date microcode on the system and, preferably with
Andrew's suggestions also applied, re-post the logs. I notice that
even logs 1 and 2 have "Brought up 4 CPUs", other than you've
indicated in your initial report. This suggests something's broken
_after_ bringup of secondary CPUs, not while bringing them up. Log
3 effectively seems to confirm this.

Seeing that "max_cstate=1" did help, as another next step could you
try whether "mwait-idle=0" makes enough of a difference (it'll
likely make a difference initially, as it makes the system
effectively stay in a "max_cstate=1"-like mode until Dom0 has booted
up far enough; the question this is going to be whether a hang still
occurs one Dom0 has uploaded C-state data)?

Jan