Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Generating Go bindings for libxl

Hi George,

I made the changes that we discussed WRT C to Go type marshaling. See [1] for
generated code.

In addition, I took a pass at implementing Go to C type marshaling. The
generated toC functions are also in [1].

Finally, I made the necessary changes[2] to the existing xenlight.go so that it
uses the new generated code. To summarize, from my commit message:

    * Define missing libxl builtin types
    * Remove types that are now defined from gengotypes.py
    * Define fromC/toC for all builtin types
    * Add CreateDomain to demonstrate functioning generated code
    * Update any existing code so that compilation succeeds

I've so far kept the changes to xenlight.go within the scope of the code
generation effort. I figured the rest of the API development would be our next
step.

Besides that, the last thing I need is to know how I should integrate this into
the build. Of note, gengotypes.py needs to import tools/libxl/idl.py. Maybe
that part is easier to discuss on IRC.

Best,
-NR

[1]