Re: [Xen-devel] Criteria / validation proposal: drop Xen

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 7:16 PM Adam Williamson
<adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> OK, so, to move forward with this (and looping in cloud list): does
> someone want to propose a set (ideally small - 2 would be great, one
> Xen and one non-Xen, if we can cover most common usages that way!) of
> EC2 instance types we should test on? With that, we could tweak the
> criteria a bit to specify those instance types, tweak the Cloud
> validation page a bit, and then drop the Xen criterion and test case.

I'd suggest c5.large (KVM, afaict) and t3.large (Xen).

My AWS experience is probably not representative (being mostly in the
HPC space), but these seem like they'd hit the two use cases I'd
expect to see for Fedora (compute and small servers). I would expect
more people would use M rather than C for Fedora, but this gets us a
KVM-based instance.

Happy to hear why I'm wrong. :-)

--
Ben Cotton