Re: [Xen-devel] [BUG] After upgrade to Xen 4.12.0 iommu=no-igfx

De-htmling...

-----
[snip]
For RMRRs themselves, system firmware is well known for abiding by the spec
[citation needed], but an RMRR must be honoured, because the entire purpose of
them is to state "this device won't function without access to this area".

An RMRR in a hole, while a violation of the spec, is obviously fine to use in
practice, so we should just accept it and stop complaining.

OTOH, RMRRs which hit other memory (particularly RAM) need more care, and
probably want to force override the e820 to reserved.  Nothing good will come
from trusting the e820 over the DMAR table here, seeing as there is clearly an
error somewhere in the firmware-provided information.

However - I'm struggling to locate anywhere which actually walks dom0's RMRR
list and inserts them into the IOMMU.  Anyone got any hints?
-----

I think you want setup_hwdom_rmrr() in passthrough/vtd/iommu.c

  Paul