Re: [Xen-devel] Design session report: Live-Updating Xen

On 7/15/19 11:57 AM, Foerster, Leonard wrote:
A key cornerstone for Live-update is guest transparent live migration
        -> for live migration: domid is a problem in this case
                -> randomize and pray does not work on smaller fleets
                -> this is not a problem for live-update
                -> BUT: as a community we shoudl make this restriction go away

Andrew Cooper pointed out to me that manually assigning domain IDs is supported in much of the code already. If guest transparent live migration gets merged, we'll look at passing in a domain ID to xl, which would be good enough for us. I don't know about the other toolstacks.

--Sarah