Re: [Xen-devel] Criteria / validation proposal: drop Xen

> Yeah, that's where I was going to go next (there has already been a
> thread about this this morning). If what we care about is that Fedora
> boots on EC2, that's what we should have in the criteria, and what we
> should test.

While trying hard to avoid a "haha he would say that" response, I do
genuinely believe that's a reasonable canary and could cover most of
the use cases that various users even outside EC2 would care about.

> IIRC, what we have right now is a somewhat vague setup where we just
> have 'local', 'ec2' and 'openstack' columns. The instructions for
> "Amazon Web Services" just say "Launch an instance with the AMI under
> test". So we could probably stand to tighten that up a bit, and define
> specific instance type(s) that we want to test/block on.

I think we can define a set of instance types that would cover what it
makes sense to test. Do we still care about actual PV guests or only
HVM? I think it makes sense to test guests with Xen netback and blkback
rather than only ENA and NVMe, but Fedora probably wants to test the
latter two *anyway*.

Do we want to do this by making sure you have free credits to run the
appropriate tests directly... or is it better all round for us to just
do this on nightly builds for ourselves?

The latter brings me to a question that's been bugging me for a while —
how in $DEITY's name *do* I launch the latest official Fedora AMI
anyway? I can't find it through the normal GUI launch process and have
to go to getfedora.org and click around for a while because I find the
specific AMI ID for the that region, and then manually enter that to
launch the instance. Can't we fix that so I can just select 'Fedora 30'
with a single click? Whose heads do I have to bash together to make
that work?