Re: [Xen-devel] [qemu-upstream-4.11-testing test] 136184: regressions - FAIL

Stefano Stabellini writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [qemu-upstream-4.11-testing test]
136184: regressions - FAIL"):
> On Tue, 4 Jun 2019, Julien Grall wrote:
> > Per the discussion before, the .config is different between the 2 flights.
> > QEMU testing is not selecting CONFIG_LIVEPATCH while staging-4.11 is.
>
> Has anybody tried to start selecting CONFIG_LIVEPATCH in the QEMU testing
> branch? Is it possible to give it a try?

I can do this we thinks it's desirable.  But I think it is probably
actually helpful to test both, just in case non-LIVEPATCH breaks.  As
it just have.

AIUI this is thought to be quite a rare problem, so it showing up in a
qemu branch is OK.

Otherwise maybe we would have to add both with- and without-LIVEPATCH
tests to the xen-* flights.  We already have both with- and
without-XSM, and this would add another dimension to the build matrix.
And we would have to decide what subset of the tests should be run in
each configuration.

Ian.