Re: [Xen-devel] [xen/arm]: Mapping physical memory to dom0/domU

On 29/05/2019 15:06, Lukas Jünger wrote:
Hi all,

Hi,

Is there a way to map a region of physical memory to dom0/domU?

Yes, you can use the option 'iomem'.

Let's say I have a custom device mapped at that memory region and I want either dom0 or a domU to have full access to this device.

The page [1] will give you instruction how to passthrough a device.

There seems to be a way to share memory between dom0 and a domU, maybe also between domU and domU.

This can be done dynamically using grant-table. There are patches on the ML for static sharing.

Cheers,

Thanks,
Lukas

[1] https://xenbits.xen.org/docs/unstable/misc/arm/passthrough.txt