Re: [Xen-devel] preparations for 4.11.2

Ian Jackson writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] preparations for 4.11.2"):
> Andrew Cooper writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] preparations for 4.11.2"):
> So these are bugfixes, but they're not particularly low risk based
> just on the code.  How long has XS been running these patches ?  The
> answer to that may give me some confidence that for users of Xen
> stable branches, the possible reward of fixing a mysterious bad
> behaviour is better to take the risk of these patches having bugs.

Based on this:

12:17 <andyhhp> XS has been using those ocaml changes for longer than they've
                been upstream
12:19 <andyhhp> although if you're still hesitant, it really isn't the end of
                the world.  Your decision here doesn't affect XS - we've
                already got them backported in the patchqueue

I have taken 129025fe3093 "oxenstored: Don't re-open a xenctrl
handle..." to 4.11 and 4.10.

7b20a865bc10 "tools/ocaml: Release the global lock..." does not apply
cleanly.  Do you happen to have a version for 4.11 and/or 4.10 ?  I am
not convinced I ought to try to fix the backport myself particularly
if Citrix XS have been running a textually different patch for a long
time...

The rest of this I think is still in question and IMO not a blocker
for 4.11.2.

Ian.