Re: [Xen-devel] Guest Testing in OSSTEST - What distros and versions should we test against

On May 9, 2019, at 21:28, Lars Kurth <lars.kurth.xen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

following a discussion with committers about Guest testing in OSSTEST, it surfaced that we have not updated what distros we test in OSSTEST for a very long time. All agreed that we should regularly review what we test against: maybe at the beginning of a release cycle

In any case, currently we test against

x86 HVM guests:
 debian-9.4.0-{i386,amd64}-CD-1.iso
 rhel-server-6.1-i386-dvd.iso
 win10v1703-x86.iso
 win7-x64.iso
 ws16-x64.iso
 FreeBSD-10.1-CUSTOM-{i386,amd64}-20150525.raw.xz
 Debian HVM {i386,amd64} via debian-installer netinst [1]

x86 PV guests:
 Debian PV {i386,amd64} via debian-installer netinst [1]

ARM guests:
 Debian PV via debian-installer netinst [1]

[1] whatever Debian release osstest itself mostly runs

So I am opening the floor to suggestions.

With regards to Windows testing we have some restrictions. We have tried several times to buy additional test licenses, but this never went anywhere (some of the VM licenses are not available for our environment, unless you bulk buy, which is very expensive). The only approach that would allow us to test against different windows versions would be to require everyone who may touch OSSTEST which is not doable.

Are the 90-day test/eval versions of Windows incompatible with OSSTEST?

Rich