Re: [Xen-devel] [VMI] Possible race-condition in altp2m APIs

> I don't feel comfortable digging into Xen's code, especially for something as
> complicated as page table and memory management,
> increased by the complexity of altp2m.

Unfortunately the reality is that you might very well have to become
familiar with these areas if you hope to debug some of these issues.

> What i can do however, is test your ideas and patches and report the
> information I can gather on this issue.
>
> Note: I tested with the latest commits on Drakvuf/master, especially:
> "Add a VM pause for shadow copy refresh operation"
> https://github.com/tklengyel/drakvuf/pull/626
>
> @tamas, did you made this patch to fix these kind of race conditions issue
> that i'm reporting ?
> Or was it totally unrelated ?

It was an unrelated race-condition that I stumbled across while trying
to think of vectors that might be causing the issue you are seeing. As
you still have the issue, evidently it was an unrelated issue.

Tamas