[Xen-devel] [VOTE] tagging for operational messages sent to xen-devel@ (was Re: Xen 4.13 Development Update)

Alright,

there was a lengthy discussion on this topic on IRC - log attached. The
consensus appears to be to use Canonical messages with a CAPITALISED tag. E.g.
"[TAG] Xen 4.13 Development Update".

The options which seemed to have least objections are
1: [ANNOUNCE]
2: [OPERATIONS]
3: [PROCESS]

And that we should use these for other messages/announcements related to the
operation of Xen Project Development.

In the interest of time, please vote for each option with -2, -1, 0, +1, +2 in
line of our governance under Lazy Voting
(https://xenproject.org/developers/governance/#lazyconsensus and scroll down a
bit) before end of Day Monday, the 29th

Regards
Lars

On 25/04/2019, 10:04, "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

    >>> Those e-mails become easily unnoticed on xen-devel when you are not
CCed. In all
    >>> honesty, I probably missed the all those e-mails for the past year
because they
    >>> didn't land in my inbox. Yes I think they are important for the
maintainers to
    >>> see what's going on.
    >>
    >> So you're not subscribed to xen-devel?
    >
    > Not everyone has time to go through xen-devel. I only received e-mail
where I am
    > CCed in my inbox. All the others are queued in a folder.

    Oh, so just a matter of terminology. This means you still get them,
    you just have to fish them out.

    >>> Could we find a way to easily filter them? On IRC, Juergen suggested
[Procces].
    >>> Any opinions?
    >>
    >> How would a tag help? That tag would be there on all the replies
    >> of people not trimming the Cc lists. And if you asked them to drop
    >> the tag, they'd surely honor the request as much as they do
    >> honor the Cc list clipping one.
    >
    > I honestly don't expect a low volume of e-mail on such tagged e-mail. So
I don't
    > see any concern here.

    I'm confused by your reply: Either you inverted the sense and
    meant you don't expect a high volume of mails, or you really
    love getting mountains of mail.

    And just to be clear - I'm not really opposed to the tagging
    approach, I'm merely afraid that it'll not help and / or get
    abused (again).

    Jan