Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.13 Development Update

>>> Those e-mails become easily unnoticed on xen-devel when you are not CCed.
>>> In all
>>> honesty, I probably missed the all those e-mails for the past year because
>>> they
>>> didn't land in my inbox. Yes I think they are important for the maintainers
>>> see what's going on.
>>
>> So you're not subscribed to xen-devel?
>
> Not everyone has time to go through xen-devel. I only received e-mail where I
> am
> CCed in my inbox. All the others are queued in a folder.

Oh, so just a matter of terminology. This means you still get them,
you just have to fish them out.

>>> Could we find a way to easily filter them? On IRC, Juergen suggested
>>> [Procces].
>>> Any opinions?
>>
>> How would a tag help? That tag would be there on all the replies
>> of people not trimming the Cc lists. And if you asked them to drop
>> the tag, they'd surely honor the request as much as they do
>> honor the Cc list clipping one.
>
> I honestly don't expect a low volume of e-mail on such tagged e-mail. So I
> don't
> see any concern here.

I'm confused by your reply: Either you inverted the sense and
meant you don't expect a high volume of mails, or you really
love getting mountains of mail.

And just to be clear - I'm not really opposed to the tagging
approach, I'm merely afraid that it'll not help and / or get
abused (again).

Jan