[Xen-devel] "make world" clobbers doc/man{1, 5, 7, 8} but doesn't always receate them

Issuing a "make world" clobbers four directories within the
source tree

 doc/man[1,5,7,8}

as part of the "make clean"

Those directories don't appear to be re-created during the
"make dist" within my recent build.

As the toplevel Makefile has

make world:
    $(MAKE) clean
    $(MAKE) dist

I found that by doing those two sperately, I was afforded
an opportunity to re-create those directories

make clean

mkdir docs/man1 docs/man5 docs/man7 docs/man8

make dist.

Should I need to do that, or is there a path, albeit one less
trodden, in the build system, that can see a "make world"
clean the dirs but not recreate them?

Kevin