Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Project Community Call April 4th: Minutes

### Attendees
Lars Kurth, Wei Liu, George Dunlap, Paul Durrant, Andy Cooper (Citrix)
Juergen Gross, Jan Beulich (Suse)
Brian Woods (AMD)
Tamas K Lengyel (Intel)
Daniel Smith (Apertus)
Christopher Clark (OpenXT Project)
Julien Grall (Arm)
Rich Persaud (OpenXT)

### Actions not yet resolved 1: Tailored instances of Xen (Daniel): continuing
the Nov 2018 discussion of KCONFIG/L0  hypervisor use cases. More details
upcoming via wiki page.

ACTION: Should have 1 document of files that lists what comes from Linux and
need to be monitored - Lars to facilitate (work with Stefano and Jan on this)

### Agenda Items

1: Update from Automotive meeting last week in Cambridge (Lars)

Andy: most of the work required for safety would also be useful for the
community as a whole

George: Read through the Misra C spec - a lot of the rules look very sensible.
There are a handful of rules which we would never implement. In many areas
there is a grey area: e.g. there is a rule which says “don't use recursion,
unless there is a good reason not to - and then document why”

Open Question
* How much are we willing to change coding style
* We may need to start with a few items and see how things go
* George was going to take the lead with: start with a set of easy rules,
medium and some more complex ones. One where we clearly can’t fulfil: we need
to get exceptions
* We also only need to be compliant with a subset (e.g. for ASIL B with ISO
only requires 12 rules)

Jan: made the valid comment that we already have two data points.
George: these were some more of the tougher issues. E.g. on stefano’s rule, we
should probably have gone for an exception. Some patches we posted

Start posting the requirements for ASIL B/ISO => Make this an action of the SIG.

2: Planning for Xen 4.13

* Release manager for Xen 4.13
Juergen would continue => Juergen will remain RM

Release cadence: keep on going with 8 months. Target early Nov for a release.
ACTION: communicate proposal to the list

Juergen: could specify a fixed branch date - should discuss at the Developer
Summit
ACTION: Place holder for release related stuff at the summit

Switch to use domheap page for page table (Wei)
Drop tmem (Wei)
x2APIC support for AMD (Jan)
Core scheduling series (Juergen)
CPUID/MSR handling (Andy)
EIBRS (Andy)

E-mail based approach: people don’t always see the mail
Decided to BCC are couple of years ago - that breaks filtering rules meaning
people sometimes don’t see the mail
ACTION: Bring this up on IRC to make this more usable

3: Admin
* Google docs vs. https://hackmd.io
Agreement: Stick with Google docs
ACTION: Lars to talk to Wei about calendar/making meeting invite better

### New Series / Series that need attention

Briefly discussed Brian’s mwait series and to find a way forward in which
driver to implement
Too complex to resolve on the call - needs some more thought to resolve

### AOB

None