Re: [Xen-devel] xen disk spec and emulation

  • To: 'Jan Beulich' <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx>
  • From: Paul Durrant <Paul.Durrant@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 14:38:56 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
  • Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 14:56:54 +0000

I don't think so. AIUI that's what hd* and sd* were for. They seem to be the
only vdev types that are documented to have emulated equivalents.

I also appear to have been wrong about AHCI being completely undocumented.
There is a line in xen-vbd-interface that specifies an extra 'hdtype=ahci'
option, to add add ich9 controller emulation to the VM.

  Paul