Re: [Xen-devel] Xen ARM GPU passthrough without IOMMU

On 03/03/2019 12:38, Jinch wrote:
Hi,

Hello,

        I’m using the NXP i.mx8qxp men board and want to create an Android domu
on Xen,
        but this board doesn’t have IOMMU. Does anyone knows that can I
passthrough GPU without IOMMU on it?

Device DMA-capable passthrough without IOMMU is not recommended as you would undermine the guest isolation from the rest of the platform.

I am not aware of any plan to support this in Xen for now. If you want to add the support by yourself, you would then need to make sure the guest memory is direct mapped (i.e the guest physical address = host physical address).

Another alternative is to use PV drivers for providing graphic access to your Android guest.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Thanks.

Julien Grall