Re: [Xen-devel] 4.10.1 Xen crash and reboot

  • To: Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx>
  • From: Andy Smith <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2019 12:28:31 +0000
  • Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 04 Jan 2019 12:28:48 +0000

Hello,

On Fri, Jan 04, 2019 at 03:16:32AM -0700, Jan Beulich wrote:
> > I did move the suspect guest to a test host that does not have
> > pcid=0 and 10 days later it crashed too:
>
> Thanks for trying this. It is now pretty clear that we need a means
> to repro (and debug).

Also interesting to me is that the guest that seems to trigger this
is Debian stretch 64-bit with an older kernel that does not have
L1TF mitigations. I have asked the owner of it not to upgrade their
kernel yet because I think when the guest kernel behaves correctly
it will stop crashing the host and we'll learn nothing.

Sadly I cannot reproduce this on demand.

Cheers,
Andy