Re: [Xen-devel] [XEN][ARM64] PV DRM failing to convert virtual to physical address

Hello Oleksandr,

Please find the attached log file.

Could please provide some pointers on how test DomU display.

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 12:06 PM Oleksandr Andrushchenko <andr2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello, Vikram!
>   * We are using 64 bit arm platform.
>   * Linux 4.20 Kernel in DomU with PV DRM front-end drivers.
>
>> Do you have [1] enabled in your DomD kernel?
     Earlier this configuration was not enabled. Enabled it now.

>   * Xen-4.12 unstable version.
>
>> We never tested PV DRM with 4.12 so far, did you try with 4.10 for example?
     Xen-4.8 is working on our platform. Xen-4.9 to Xen-4.11 version fails while initializing CPU on our platform. Recently
     we received patch from Julien for Xen-4.12 unstable version, which has fix. Tried to apply patch on Xen-4.10 stable facing build issue.

      This is where we are at the moment and have all PV drivers running smoothly

>   * Able to build displ_be application and also its dependencies.
>
> Added below configuration in Domain-U config file.*|
> |*
> *|vdispl = [ 'backend=Domain-0,be-alloc=0,connectors=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080']|*
>
>> Do you really have DomD as your configuration says?
     Sorry it not DomD it is Domain-0.

>> Not Dom0 running the backend?
     Domain-0 is running in Dom0 and debian is running as DomU.

> Before launching the DomU ran the displ_be application in the
> background.
>  $ displ_be -m DRM -v *:Debug &
Please add display back-end logs

> Started Domain-U.
> $ xl create -c debian.cfg
>
>> Could you please build the PV DRM driver as module,
>> Built as module.

then run the following commands:

echo 0xff > /sys/module/drm/parameters/debug
echo 8 > /proc/sys/kernel/printk

--
Thanks & Regards
Vikram KS

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this mail and attached file/s is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secured or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.