Re: [Xen-devel] Race condition on device add hanling in xl devd

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 01:11:11PM +0000, Paul Durrant wrote:
> [...]

I don't think netback has ever waited for a frontend before running
hotplug scripts.

In the udev times the hotplug script would be run upon vif creation,
which happens in netback_probe, and when launching hotplug scripts
from libxl the script is executed when the backend changes to state 2,
which happens almost immediately because netback switches to state 2
when the frotnend is in state 1 which is the initial frontend state.

Thanks, Roger.