Re: [Xen-devel] Xen stable-4.11 crash when trying to start a VM on fedora 29

>> > [vagrant@localhost ~]$ cat /proc/cmdline
>> > placeholder root=UUID=f4dcb7e6-e430-4b8b-8e83-5deb3522c88b ro
>> > no_timer_check
>> > console=tty1 console=ttyS0,115200n8 net.ifnames=0 biosdevname=0
>> > I hope that helps.
>>
>> I'm afraid I'm entirely lost as to what you're trying to tell me, the
>> more in a private mail. I've asked you to try out extra hypervisor
>> command line options, and you reply with what some random
>> kernel command line of yours looks like.
>
> I apologize, I read your reply too fast last time /o\
>
> So I try adding "pcid=no", "pv-lt1f=no" and then "pcid=no pv-lt1f=no" in
> /etc/sysconfig/grub GRUB_CMDLINE_XEN, Xen it still crashing, nothing in
> dmesg.

Without a log I can't tell whether the options were actually in effect.

> Are you interested in investigating this bug ?

If "you" stands for the community, then yes. Personally I can't
promise I have the cycles to do so, especially as long as there's
neither a simple and clear repro nor at the very least a hypervisor
log covering the crash.

> To me anything that crashes Xen is worth looking at.

Of course, but we need some data to work from.

Jan