Re: [Xen-devel] arm: xl vcpu-pin leads to oom-killer slashing processes

On 05/12/2018 11:59, Andrii Anisov wrote:

On 05.12.18 13:45, Julien Grall wrote:
Well, at least the kernel thinks it does not have anymore memory (see the call trace).
Yes, it thinks so. But it is not linked to domain .

What do you mean? A memory corruption by Xen is extremely unlikely. So it looks like to me this is a related to your domain (kernel or userspace), possibly because memory has not been freed correctly.

What do you mean by all your routine?
I mean all things I'm playing with now. Running tbm baremetal app in different use-cases, bringing it up with new vgic.

How much work did you do on the platform before triggering oem-killer?
Without cpu pinning I do all I need without oom-killer being triggered.
After cpu pinning it takes 5-10 seconds until oom-killer starts to kill
everything.

Below a list of questions to answer:
        - Can you give the steps to reproduce it from boot?
        - How much memory left do you have before calling xl vcpu-pin?
        - When exactly do you pin the vCPUs? (i.e how long after boot)
        - What are the other programs running? How much memory are they using?

Cheers,
--
Julien Grall