Re: [Xen-devel] PVH Whitelist Results / Windows Dom0

On Tue, Dec 04, 2018 at 05:46:38AM +0000, Connor Davis wrote:

> These are accessed from reassert_nmi. This is only called from default_do_nmi
> in the version the guest is based on (4.20-rc2).

Ops, forgot to answer this one.

Xen sets the 'CMOS RTC Not Present' flag in the IA-PC bootflags, those
registers however are shared with the CMOS RAM.

I have to admit I'm not sure how this CMOS RTC flag is expected to
behave, since the CMOS RTC / RAM implementation seems to be completely
intertwined. IMO it would make sense to have a flag to disable CMOS
completely, but then there are NMI related registers in those IO
ports, so I'm afraid there isn't much that can be done here, apart
from making sure the non-RTC functionality is good enough for
guests.

Roger.