Re: [Xen-devel] dom0/pvh: Dom0 PVH with PCI passthrough support status

Hello,

Since my last message I tried to obtain the serial console log from the server, unfortunately the delay was caused by a missing serial cable.

The changes that I made are the following: compiled xen from Roger’s branch ‘fixes-pvh-v3’ [0] instead of version 2, added ‘debug=y’ in Config.mk and changed the grub command line as per Roger’s suggestion:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="console=hvc0 earlyprintk=xen"

GRUB_CMDLINE_XEN="dom0=pvh dom0_mem=8192M,max:8192M loglvl=all guest_loglvl=all sync_console_to_ring=true sync_console com1=115200,8n1 console=com1,vga iommu=debug,verbose,workaround_bios_bug"

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 15:12:17 +0000, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
> Do you have a serial console setup in order to catch any Xen messages?
> In which case, do you get anything on the serial before the reboot?
I attached the console output from the serial, both when trying to start a HVM DomU without passthrough[1] and with passthrough enabled[2].

I have also changed the device that I am trying to passthrough[3].

I will keep investigating this issue, but any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Alex.

[0] http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=people/royger/xen.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/fixes-pvh-v3

[1] see ‘log_hvm_no_passthrough’ from the attached files

[2] see ‘log_hvm_passthrough’ from the attached files

[3] see ‘lspci_3.00’ from the attached files

Amazon Development Center (Romania) S.R.L. registered office: 27A Sf. Lazar Street, UBC5, floor 2, Iasi, Iasi County, 700045, Romania. Registered in Romania. Registration number J22/2621/2005.