Re: [Xen-devel] Ill-advised use of xs_open flag 1UL<<2 by Debian

Hi Ian

On Tue, Oct 09, 2018 at 04:04:24PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
>   The Debian Xen packages have had a very bad patch which I propose to
>   simply drop, with minor compatibility implications, unless someone
>   can explain what it is for and why it is still needed, and/or has a
>   better plan.

It is still needed, as the underlying change (done by you) constitutes
an ABI change of the library.  I fixed it because I found that tools
where not longer able to connect to XenStore.

commit d310383831923070727745af97776dcb6078e4f7
Author: Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Tue Dec 14 16:56:54 2010 +0000

Bastian

--
Those who hate and fight must stop themselves -- otherwise it is not stopped.
                -- Spock, "Day of the Dove", stardate unknown