[Xen-devel] IOREQ server on Arm

Hi Paul,

I am looking at porting the IOREQ server infrastructure on Arm. I didn't need much modification to make it run for Arm. Although, the implementation could be simplified over the x86 implementation.

I noticed some issue while trying to implement the hypercall XENMEM_acquire_resource. Per my understanding, all the page mapped via that hypercall will use the type p2m_mapping_foreign.

This will result to trigger the ASSERT(fdom != dom) in get_page_from_gfn (asm-arm/p2m.h) because the IOREQ page has been allocated to the emulator domain and mapped to it. AFAICT x86 has the same assert in p2m_get_page_from_gfn(...).

IHMO, the ASSERT makes sense because you are only meant to map page belonging to other domain with that type.

So I am wondering whether IOREQ server running in PVH Dom0 has been tested? What would be the best course of action to fix the issue?

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall