[Xen-devel] PXE boot with e1000 using OVMF

HI all,
I'm experimenting with OVMF and I checked to see if OVMF can do PXE
boot out-of-the box with a e1000 emulated network interface and was
surprised to find that it does not. After reading some of the prior
discussions on the topic (https://lists.gt.net/xen/devel/382432 and
https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-users/2015-09/msg00059.html)
I was able to get the menu options to show up by copying efi-e1000.rom
that gets installed by Xen's QEMU build into the disk of the VM and
then loading with loadpcirom manually in the EFI shell. From the prior
discussions it sounds to me like this option rom should have been
automatically served by QEMU to OVMF when the VM started as an
OptionROM. So is this a bug or what's missing?

Thanks,
Tamas