Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.12 Development Update

>>> === x86 ===
>>>
>>> *  guest resource mapping (v18)
>>>   -  Paul Durrant
>>
>> That's all gone in by now? Paul?
>>
>>> *  hypervisor x86 instruction emulator additions (v4)
>>>   -  Jan Beulich
>>
>> Where's this "v4" coming from? The presently relevant series is
>> at v2 right now, with (much bigger) v3 around the corner.
>
> That is the carry-over from 4.11, where the related series was at v4.
> You asked me to keep it for 4.12.

The item needs to be kept, because we're still far away from its
completion. I think there's going to be more than just AVX512
work until we can consider the emulator sufficiently complete - at
the very least support for {F,FX,X}{SAVE,RSTOR} is going to be
wanted, which obviously is going to be yet another series. And
who knows what new ISA extensions the vendors come up with
by the time we get there.

Jan