Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] Xen shutdown fails to release DRBD device

On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 06:23:01PM +0200, Valentin Vidic wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 05:51:54PM +0200, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
> > Can you add some debug prints to check if xen_blkif_disconnect is
> > indeed returning EBUSY (or some error) and that's preventing the
> > device from closing correctly?
>
> These are production nodes, but I'll try that on some test machines...

Managed to reproduce this and xen_blkif_disconnect is always returning 0
like you expected.  So this is some other issue, and from what I can tell
blkdev_put of the underlying drbd device gets called some time after
xenbus_switch_state(dev, XenbusStateClosed).  Any idea how to make sure
it happens in the opposite order: blkdev_put before XenbusStateClosed?

--
Valentin