[Xen-devel] Antw: Re: xen-tools-4.4.4 (SLES11): Unexpected error: <class 'xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError'>

<CAFLBxZYtB1tiBai5F3ueFRDAfTLJuY4eNmb+2+EH0odZvVK5Pw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 1:13 PM, Ulrich Windl
> <Ulrich.Windl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> WHen using "xm list test12 -l" that seems to be in pvgrub state, I get this
> error:
>
> Unfortunately Xen 4.4 is long out of security support, and xm/xend was
> deprecated even in Xen 4.4.  Have you tried using its replacement, xl?

Hi!

Thanks for responding! Actually Xen 4.4 being part of SLES11 is still under
vendor support.
And yes, I have tried xl once in the past, but didn't see an advantage, so I
sticked to xm.

BTW, while talking on it: Just recently I discovered that "xm list --long"'s
"start_time" is the time the original VM was created (and not the time when the
VM was locally created (think of live migration). However the "cpu_time" seems
to cover the cpu on the local host (i.e. since migration) only. So when you try
to get an average CPU usage, by dividing cpu_time by start_time, the numbers
can be quite misleading.

For example (numbers decoded, "95+20:33:53" meaning 95 days, 20 hours, 33
minutes, ...):
name v01
online_vcpus 3
cpu_time 140934.85976 (1+15:08:54)
start_time 1525341466.71 (Thu May  3 11:57:46 2018)
uptime 8282033.28999996 (95+20:33:53)
CPU rate 0.0170169395394933

So is there a way to get the time of migration or the total time of cpu usage
since initial creation?

Regards,
Ulrich