Re: [Xen-devel] [Notes for xen summit 2018 design session] Graphic virtualization

On Fri, 3 Aug 2018, Artem Mygaiev wrote:
> > Unfortunately, PV OpenGL is not available upstream at the moment. It was not
> > clear whether the backend and frontend would ever be upstreamed and when.
> >
> > However, the work looks quite similar to virgil
> > (https://virgil3d.github.io/). It is Graphic virtualization solution based
> > on virtio for the transport. I think it would be possible to re-use it by
> > just replacing the transport layer.
> >
> > Another solution is to implement virtio on Xen (see the discussion on the
> > last community call).
>
> Do we plan some follow-up discussion on this? I have missed the call due to
> travels last couple weeks so I may not have a full picture...

Yes, there will be more discussions. We talked about the changes we
would need to the virtio specification (then, the virtio frontends and
backends) to make it possible to use them effectively in the future, and
with proper isolation, with Xen (making driver domains possible, etc). A
couple of ideas were proposed, but we don't have a comprehensive list
yet.