Re: [Xen-devel] [RESEND] Spectre-v2 (IBPB/IBRS) and SSBD fixes for 4.4.y

On 7/26/18 4:09 PM, Kees Cook wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 3:02 PM, Jiri Kosina <jikos@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Tue, 24 Jul 2018, Srivatsa S. Bhat wrote:
>>
>>> However, if you are proposing that you'd like to contribute the enhanced
>>> PTI/Spectre (upstream) patches from the SLES 4.4 tree to 4.4 stable, and
>>> have them merged instead of this patch series, then I would certainly
>>> welcome it!
>>
>> I'd in principle love us to push everything back to 4.4, but there are a
>> few reasons (*) why that's not happening shortly.
>>
>> Anyway, to point out explicitly what's really needed for those folks
>> running 4.4-stable and relying on PTI providing The Real Thing(TM), it's
>> either a 4.4-stable port of
>>

>> http://kernel.suse.com/cgit/kernel-source/plain/patches.suse/x86-entry-64-use-a-per-cpu-trampoline-stack.patch?id=3428a77b02b1ba03e45d8fc352ec350429f57fc7
>>
>> or making THREADINFO_GFP imply __GFP_ZERO.
>
> This is true in Linus's tree now. Should be trivial to backport:
> https://git.kernel.org/linus/e01e80634ecdd

Hi Jiri, Kees,

Thank you for suggesting the patch! I have attached the (locally
tested) 4.4 and 4.9 backports of that patch with this mail. (The
mainline commit applies cleanly on 4.14).

Greg, could you please consider including them in stable 4.4, 4.9
and 4.14?

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Srivatsa