Re: [Xen-devel] [Memory Accounting] was: Re: PVH dom0 creation fails - the system freezes

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 12:22 PM, Juergen Gross <jgross@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I believe the right way would be to design a proper ballooning interface
> suitable for all kinds of guests from scratch. This should include how
> to deal with hotplug of memory or booting with mem < mem_max. Whether
> PoD should be included should be discussed, too.

Juergen, what do you think of this interface:  The toolstack looks at
all the available information about the guest and determines what size
the guest's balloon needs to be.  It then writes
memory/target_balloon_size.  The guest balloon driver simply attempts
to allocate / free memory to make the balloon that size.

We'll have to leave memory/target handling as is until all old
versions of the balloon driver disappear.

 -George