Re: [Xen-devel] Test for osstest, features used in Qubes OS

On Thu, 2018-05-17 at 16:12 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Marek Marczykowski-Górecki writes ("Re: Test for osstest, features
> used in Qubes OS"):
> > On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 01:26:30PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > > Is it likely that this will depend on non-buggy host firmware
> > > ?  If so
> > > then we need to make arrangements to test it and only do it on
> > > hosts
> > > which are not buggy.  In practice this probably means wiring it
> > > up to
> > > the automatic host examiner.
> >
> > Yes, probably.
>
> That's not entirely trivial then, especially for you, unless you want
> to set up your own osstest production instance.  However, I can
> probably do the osstest-machinery work if you will help debug it,
> review logs, tell me what to do next, etc. :-).

I'm not sure what 'non-bugs' in the firmware we're talking about, but I
problem I had when trying to do something like testing S3
suspend/resume in osstest, was that most server class hardware I could
find, did not support that.

If that's the bug you're talking about, yes, I agree it's not trivial.
:-) (although, I did not actually check the boxes in the MA colo, they
were just servers from Citrix's lab).

There's a (non-perfect) workaround, though, as George suggests, which
would allow us to run a "quasi-suspend" test at every flight on every
hardware.

Regards,
Dario