Re: [Xen-devel] migration regression in xen-4.11 and qemu-2.11 and qcow2

Am Thu, 10 May 2018 11:40:18 +0100
schrieb Anthony PERARD <anthony.perard@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> I'm not sure if that information is going to help, but that what I have
> for now about the lock of block images.

I think the issue is not with two dom0s locking the same file, but with one
qemu process trying to lock the same region within a file twice. That would not
happen if an 'unplug' happens before the PV driver within qemu takes control.
I'm sure migration with qcow2 will fail with a pvops domU if 512b109ec962 gets
reverted.

I will look into vmstate_xen_platform, as suggested by Stefano, to preserve the
unplug state during the lifetime of a domU. I think that is the correct
approach, and 512b109ec962 should have never ever go upstream.

Olaf