Re: [Xen-devel] where can I find the 'address translation' code in Xen?

Hi Minjun,

On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 19:11:30 +0900
Minjun Hong <nickeysgo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>[...]
> My question is,
>
> 1. Is it sure that the function will be called even though the HW already
> translates the address and populates the TLB entry?

I think you miss the point. The hardware page tables for PV domains
already contain machine addresses. In other words, virtual addresses
get translated directly to machine addresses by the hardware page table
walker.

> 2. I'm just asking, is there any code in Xen that is related to the
> behavior of the 'hardware walker'?

Not sure what you mean. Maybe this question is no longer pertinent
given the explanation above?

HTH,
Petr T