Re: [Xen-devel] possible I/O emulation state machine issue

>>> On 29.03.18 at 10:42, <Paul.Durrant@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

See the patch sent earlier: HVMIO_mmio_completion means a full
second (or further) run through the emulator (which that patch
now avoids). Same would occur for an insn reading and writing
multiple memory locations, if at least the second one is in MMIO.
In that case we can't avoid the completion though, as the access
may additionally have been split (and we still need to execute
its later part(s)). To fully address this, I don't see a way around
recording completed steps (which is going to be a pretty intrusive
change as it looks).

Jan