[Xen-devel] Sunseting mercurial

  • To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2018 21:46:37 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 02:46:52 +0000

Hello all,

Its been officially 5+ years since Xen has moved to git so I propose we
start thinking about when to retire the mercurial mirrors. At this point
the last stable version to be tracked in mercurial is 4.4 which is long
out of any form of support. I know some vendors still have support for
versions of Xen down to 4.1 but let's be realistic, there's not a flurry
of development happening in those old versions. The mercurial mirror is
often out of date (I know someone that's tried to use it) and in fact as
of this email its several weeks out of date.

So maybe its time we start thinking about sunsetting the mercurial
mirrors and use those resources for more practical uses.
--
Doug Goldstein