Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] Only one CPU available to Xen? (nr_cpus : 1)

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 11:39 AM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As indicated in another reply, try using GrUB's "chainloader"
> directive or boot xen.efi directly from the EFI shell or the EFI
> boot loader.

Sorry for my naive question but how do I chainload Xen with GRUB? I
did not find any documentation about that on the Xen wiki. I think it
would be useful for other Xen users too to have this documented as in
the future many people will be affected by this problem due to the
fact that more and more servers will deprecate legacy boot mode such
as in my case.

Regarding the second method of having UEFI loading directly the Xen
EFI, I tried this out yesterday using the instructions on the Xen wiki
(https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_EFI#Xen_as_EFI_binary_.28loading.29)
but I get the following error message right when starting to load the
Xen 4.9.0 EFI loader:

Read failed for initrd.img-4.13.0-36-generic: ErrCode: 0x8000000000000004

Any ideas what could be going wrong here?

John