Re: [Xen-devel] osstest planned outage consultation

>>> On 02.03.18 at 17:55, <ian.jackson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Several of the VMs in the Massachusetts Xen Project Test Lab, which
> runs our community osstest instance, need to be upgraded.  And we want
> to sort out some oddities with the way the storage is configured.
>
> This will involve a long outage, maybe 3 days or so.
>
> We should schedule this when it is convenient for everyone.  Right now
> is not convenient because we have the BTI patches which are stuck in
> various staging-NN branches and which need to be fixed and pushed to
> stable-NN and released.

The most recent flights don't look too bad anymore (at least
most of the <broken> have started disappearing again), so
there's some hop for pushes soon. I hope to get around to
push another batch of backports today, in particular to get
ready for 4.9.2 and 4.7.5, which should go out before the
end of the month. 4.10.1 is due mid of April, so from a stable
tree perspective best would probably be right after 4.9.2 /
4.7.5 have been finalized, as waiting for 4.10.1 would perhaps
be too much of a delay (and risk causing issues for 4.11-rc).

Jan