[Xen-devel] Merging 4.10.0-shim-comet-3 tag into staging-4.10

Hi all

I merged 4.10.0-shim-comet-3 tag into staging-4.10, went through all
commits since then and cherry-picked relevant patches from master to
staging-4.10.

The end result is:

https://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=people/liuw/xen.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/merge-comet-staging-4.10-v1

There is also a merge-comet-staging-4.10-v1-base tag.

The merge had trivial conflicts and I fixed it.

There are some notable things in the subsequent patches.

1. Revert "x86/guest: use the vcpu_info area from shared_info"

The bug fix is already in 4.10 branch so this workaround for comet is
not needed anymore.

2. xen/shim: stash RSDP address for ACPI driver

This isn't strictly necessary for 4.10 because the commiet that changes
the placement of RSDP is not in 4.10 libxl.

3. firmware/shim: update Makefile

This is a new patch to ease further cherry-picking for later commits.

Please check if the shape and form of this branch is OK. And please
indicate if anything is missing.

Building that branch seems to produce the expected binaries. I will do
some smoke tests tomorrow to make sure I haven't screwed things up.

Wei.