Re: [Xen-devel] Setting up a Xen x86 community call

Hi, Lars and all,
This is really great and absolutely needed! We are very glad to see this can
happen.

From Intel, Peng Chao will attend all sessions and features owners (Zhang
Haozhong, Huang Kai, Feng Boqun, Zhang Yi, Zhang Yu, Kang Luwei, Zhong Yang)
will attend according to topics. We are also discussing to have more people
from Intel to attend.

Time: 6:00AM~12:00AM China time is all ok for us.

Best Regards

John Ji

-----Original Message-----
From: Lars Kurth [mailto:lars.kurth.xen@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, March 2, 2018 11:40 PM
To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: committers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxx>; Andrew Cooper
<andrew.cooper3@xxxxxxxxxx>; Li, Susie <susie.li@xxxxxxxxx>; Ji, John
<john.ji@xxxxxxxxx>; Hurwitz, Sherry <sherry.hurwitz@xxxxxxx>; Brian Woods
<brian.woods@xxxxxxx>; Babu Moger <Babu.Moger@xxxxxxx>; Chao Peng
<chao.p.peng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; daniel.kiper@xxxxxxxxxx;
joao.m.martins@xxxxxxxxxx; boris.ostrovsky@xxxxxxxxxx; Rich Persaud
<persaur@xxxxxxxxx>; Tian, Kevin <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>; Razvan Cojocaru
<rcojocaru@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; tamas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; paul.durrant@xxxxxxxxxx;
Roger Pau Monné <royger@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Setting up a Xen x86 community call

Hi all,
(sorry for the extensive distribution list - I went through MAINTAINERS and
people who may have an interest)

I would like to start organizing a recurring x86 community call to discuss and
sync-up on upcoming features for Xen on x86. This call would mirror and follow
a similar structure to the ARM call (see
http://xen.markmail.org/thread/xqdxvqcjpf2y5ftu for the last one)

I expect that the call will contain

a) Coordination and Planning
Coordinating who does what, what needs attention, what is blocked, etc.
I would prepare a list of non-merged patch series of a certain size (e.g. more
than 5 patches) and attach to the invite If anything is missed, I would expect
that these are sent to me before the meeting

b) Design and architecture related discussions: in particular for bigger, more
complex items, ...
Although all of this could be done by email, in reality, we are all human and
many people find it easier to collaborate and communicate by talking to each
other, rather than by email. This is not a must, but an option to highlight
issues

c) Demos, Sharing of Experiences, Sometimes discussion of specific
issues/bugs/problems/...
This is something which happens frequently on the ARM call and seems to work
very well

I would suggest to start with a 1 hour monthly meeting: possibly every 2nd Tue
or Thu each month (depends on timing). I know that people are spread across
different timezones (from China to the US), so I would like to gather thoughts
before choosing a time. We may have to have alternating time-slots every other
month: but this is not ideal for some.

To do this, please
* Raise your hands on whether you or your org would want to participate
* Provide your timezone
* Provide a UTC time range when you can attend

Your sincerely,
Lars