Re: [Xen-devel] Radical proposal: ship not-fully-tidied shim as 4.10.1

On 01/09/2018 01:57 PM, Matt Wilson wrote:
> Let me know if you need any help with the sidecar script. Generally
> it's straightforward enough to build so I'm sure you won't have any
> trouble. Here's one that I used for local testing on my laptop in a
> CentOS-ish chroot (we have other bits responsible for this in
> EC2).

Thanks for posting the script. It's been helpful to address some
outstanding questions about this adventure. One point that I'm still
wondering about is the kernel and initrd that are added to this sidecar
ISO. Should these match the kernel and initrd of the host (dom0), or the
kernel and initrd of the guest? If it's the guest, I guess there will
(potentially) be a 1:1 ratio of sidecar ISOs to guests?

I understand the script is just an example, but one error is worth
pointing out:
>  Please excuse the cruft, including the use of legacy GRUB.
>
> ---------------------- 8< -------------------
> #!/bin/bash
> if [ $# -lt 2 ]; then
>     echo "usage: $0 xen.gz kernel.gz [initrd.img]"
>     exit 1
> fi
>
> if [ $# -eq 3 ]; then
>     INITRD=$2