Re: [Xen-devel] Radical proposal: ship not-fully-tidied shim as 4.10.1

On 1/8/18 3:44 PM, Anthony Liguori wrote:

> It's not particularly hard to plumb through I think but if you are
> using PCI passthrough for PV, then you really shouldn't worry about
> Spectre/Meltdown.  That PV guest can already read all of physical
> memory (since no IOMMU is used) and they can also write to all
> physical memory which is far worse than what you can do with
> Spectre/Meltdown.

That's certainly not true. The IOMMU is used by default with PV if its
available since Xen 4.0.1. Prior to that there was an option that was
"iommu=pv" which was not the default for 4.0.0. Its certainly possible
that's true for Xen 3.4 however.

--
Doug Goldstein