Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] Starting xenstored in a driver domain

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 3:40 AM, mike@xxxxxxxxxxx <mike@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So I figured out that I don't need a running instance of xenstored on the
> driver domain, since xenstore-read works for the driver domains own trees in
> xenstore.  Are the xenstore-read errors in vif-openvswitch because that
> script is written to be run on dom0 only?  Do I need to create a new vif
> script that is specific to driver domains?

It sounds like that's a bug in the vif-openvswitch script -- it
shouldn't rely on reading data from the domain's "private" xenstore
area (available to domain 0 but not to a driver domain).

Can you try the attached patch and see if it helps?

 -George