Re: [Xen-devel] unable to start VM after xen upgrade to 4.8.2

Hi Paul,

> That's QEMU failing to start which is, most likely, an incompatibility
between libxl and the QEMU command line. With any luck you should have a log

> file called /var/log/xen/qemu-dm-<guest name>.log which in which QEMU
should say what it is unhappy about.

On checking the suggested log there is the following entry:

qemu-system-i386: -vnc 0.0.0.0:0,websocket,x509=/etc/pki/xen,password,to=99:
Failed to start VNC server: address resolution failed for 0.0.0.0:on:
Servname not supported for ai_socktype

As I use websockets to present the display via a HTML5 canvas it appears
that I have been hit with a QEMU regression due to the bundled version
(2.7.0) of QEMU with xen 4.8.2:

https://github.com/qemu/qemu/commit/1b1aeb5828c978af2ec4478e552884004f23c470
#diff-446cee24164cdeb527aa48c13210c9c2

Applying that fix resolves the guest failing to start, however websockets is
still not fully functional unlike when using 4.6.6. Will have to downgrade /
upgrade the bundled version of QEMU locally.

Thanks for the advice,

Alex