Re: [Xen-devel] Unable to create guest PV domain on OMAP5432

Hello Jayadev,

On 15.11.17 12:46, Jayadev Kumaran wrote:
Hello Andrii,

>> What kernel do you use for DomU? Please make sure you have in that kernel configuration XEN support enabled (together with hypervisor console support).

I use a 3.15 kernel (git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git <http://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git>) with the following configs enabled for Xen support.
CONFIG_XEN_DOM0=y
CONFIG_XEN=y
CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_FRONTEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_BACKEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_FRONTEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_BACKEND=y
CONFIG_INPUT_XEN_KBDDEV_FRONTEND=y
CONFIG_HVC_XEN=y
CONFIG_HVC_XEN_FRONTEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_DEV_EVTCHN=y
CONFIG_XEN_BACKEND=y
CONFIG_XENFS=y
CONFIG_XEN_COMPAT_XENFS=y
CONFIG_XEN_SYS_HYPERVISOR=y
CONFIG_XEN_XENBUS_FRONTEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_GNTDEV=y
CONFIG_XEN_GRANT_DEV_ALLOC=y
CONFIG_XEN_PRIVCMD=y

In fact, it is the same kernel as that of dom0, just to check if Xen is properly configured.
What defconfig are you based on? Do you have a device-tree support enabled?

Also, I had previously tried with a kernel image with no Xen support and the results were quite similar - guest domain gets created and is shown in a running state as per /'xl list' /, however /'xl console/' shows nothing but hangs until I press Ctrl+5 .
Your guest is created and XEN treats it as being running, you can see this in `xl list`. But it did not get a command line to setup console on hvc0, or the kernel crashed in earliest stages.

--

*Andrii Anisov*