[Xen-devel] Help:Can xen restore several snapshots more faster at same time?

Dear XEN expert,

I find a blocker issue in my project. Would you please offer us some feedback?

The description from my development team:

we need restore as much as xen snapshot at same times, but we found ‘xl restore’ command is work linearly,  if we want to restore a new xen snapshot, we need to wait for the previous snapshot finish it’s work. We try to debug the xl source ,we found the follow information:

When an snapshot is being restore, we can see another process is blocked.  We trying to delete the acquire_lock from the source code , then we see all the snapshots are being restore at same time, but restore is still very slow, one snapshot needs about 25 seconds  to finish restore(our environment is cpu E52620,  256G memory, SSD hard disk. The snapshot is Win7 OS with 2G memory).

So , does xen have the way to restore more faster when several snapshot is restore at same time? Why KVM can restore several snapshot fast at same time? (We try the same experiment in KVM, we got we can restore about 50+ snapshot in 20S. )

Thanks very much ,hoping your reply

Benny Huang